Wildflower Pediatrics follows the recommended vaccine schedule per the American Academy of Pediatrics, CDC, and Immunization Action Coalition.
Birthing Center Deliveries:
If your newborn is delivered at a birthing center, we require close follow up and supervision by our pediatricians as recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Please call us to discuss your delivery date and/or schedule a time to meet us at a prenatal meeting.
We require the following:
1) A copy of mom’s prenatal labs prior to delivery
2) Notify us via phone when mom has entered into the first stages of labor to coordinate follow up care
3) Vitamin K injection administered at birthing center before discharge home
4) Erythromycin eye ointment administered within 2-3 hours of birth
5) An office visit with our pediatricians within 24 hours of birth
6) A copy of all delivery notes from birthing center at first office visit
7) Administration of Hepatitis B vaccine at the first office visit by 24 hours of life
8) An office visit with our pediatricians at day 3-4 of life. If necessary, your newborn may require blood work at this visit to assess for jaundice.
9) A hearing screen done by birthing center or an audiologist within 2 weeks of life
10) Care will continue at our regularly scheduled well checks continuing at 2 weeks of age and on